Thursday, January 14, 2010

Auditions, New Bookings, Poetry

Denver is no N.Y. or L.A., but if you play your cards right, you can stay very busy as a performer here. Earlier this week I auditioned for the USA network T.V. show "In Plain Sight", which shoots in New Mexico. I am waiting on the call back with fingers crossed, and hunger for that first National T.V. gig. Monday I auditioned for a Red Robin Commercial, Tuesday auditioned for a Colorado Lottery Spot, Wednesday for forrent.com, and today I attended a commercial print audition for Miller Lite. I'm always on the fence about doing gigs for Liq corporations, but do my best to use good judgment in deciding whether or not to go out for them.
Hopefully I can land a couple of these gigs. I thank Kathey and Patty at Radical Artists Agency for all of their hard work and professionalism!

About a year ago, I was booked for a series of national commercials for a new banking idea called KASASA. They are offering a new, fresh alternative to traditional banking. As a part of this ongoing gig, I will be heading to Idaho Falls, Idaho at the beginning of February for a workshop/seminar/performance for up and coming slam poets in that area. Check out the video of one of the spots in the link below



I received information from my College booking agent today that I will be performing at the University of San Antonio Texas and Coe College in Iowa in March. This is the beginning, of what I hope will be, a chance to get my feet wet in the national college circuit. My good friends Panama Soweto and Ken Arkind have been the highest booked slam poetry act in the college circuit for the last two years! Special shout out to Panama for pushing me to pursue performance poetry!

Last Night was the most fun I have had at an open mic in quite some time. There is a new poetry venue in Denver called Deja Vu, and my good friend and fellow poet, Ayinde Russell was the feature. Some of Denver's best stacked the invite only open mic, and Ayinde tore the joint down with his soulful voice and RIDICULOUS poetic talent!

Tomorrow I will be heading to allaccess live to film some poetry for a potentially significant T.V. pilot program that will be pitched in the future.....stay posted for details!

Big things in 2010!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment